The Lord is loving His seekers in Russia

In many places such as Russia, so many have been touched by the written ministry of Watchman Nee
and Witness Lee. Today we are the beneficiaries of all the writings of our brothers.



Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So, tell me, what led to the trip to Moscow?

The first time I went to Moscow was on a trip in 2004 with Mom, John, and my brother Jerry to Russia. We were in St. Petersburg while the training was going on in Moscow, and when we got to Moscow, the training was over and many of the saints had taken off.


Not much to see in the hall, so we toured some of the places that look just like the Living Stream office at home. Below is a picture of the shipping section. Definitely a familiar look, and what was soooo amazing is that it smelled like the Living Stream. I'm not kidding...the stacks of books have a very definite odor, an aroma of wonderful paper and ink and the ministry of the word. Sometimes I walk through the stacks in Building 3 while I am praying with a sister on the phone, and the smell is nice.


We were shown the office where proofing is done, so it was very tempting to sit in one of the chairs, and imagine...



...what exactly? Was I imagining that I would come and sit at one of these desks? Perhaps so, but I remember doubting it, actually. Mostly I think that I was just sitting there with a smile. It is kind of a big smile, I can see now as I try to look at this picture with some objectiveness. And the person here does not exhibit much awareness of what happens when a person opens to the possibilities.
Clearly an American has wandered into the office in Moscow. I have read that Americans can be spotted in European countries because of the goofy smiles. I try not to do it, but I'm sort of culturally programmed.

But in one of the offices, there was one sister still working.



And she is smiling, so I expect that I will be able to experience Christ and the all-fitting life that has so much joy that smiles show through, no matter what the culture. Notice the year on the calendar--2004!



Fast forward to the winter training of 2008. Four sisters came from Moscow and stayed with Doug and Rhonda and us in our home!
This is Irina, Irina, Nadjia, Zhenia, and me.



We had time to fellowship, and it seemed to be a good idea to have some time for us to serve together in Moscow. John and I planned to come in April 2009, but it turned out we couldn't do that. So now...it has worked out in 2011!

To return to the initial question, what led to this trip to Moscow? It seems clear to me that the God who blends the Body together is arranging this time.

Lord Jesus, bless this time abundantly with Yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment